Our Green Packaging.
When you buy a plant from Canopy Plants you can be sure we have done our very best to keep your purchase green. We have thought long and hard and have gone the extra mile - our packaging is sustainably sourced and 100% recyclable or compostable.
All our paper and card is recycled and sustainably sourced.
It wouldn’t be right to be cutting down trees to sell plants!
We don’t use any single use plastic.
When we send your plant to you the pot and roots will be wrapped in a bag that looks like it is made of plastic - it is actually a totally compostable potato starch bag! You can put it in your council compost bin and it will decompose in 90 days or less. They are also suitable for home composting but might take a little longer to decompose depending on conditions.
For fragile items we use potato starch protective peanuts that dissolve in water, just wash them down the sink!
We only use peat free compost at our studio, we sell peat free compost through our website, you can buy it here. 60% to 70% of our plants are grown in peat free compost and we are pushing to get that to 100% as soon as we can.
Our future totally plastic free.
Coming soon… our dream is to run a 100% plastic free business, but this is very hard in the business of plants because all of our suppliers use plastic pots. We are working on a ‘Pass on Plastic’ scheme where we give you the option to make your order completely plastic free and we return the plastic pots to our suppliers. Watch this space.
We deliver Monday to Friday. We're fast, and Carbon Neutral!
- You'll get next day delivery on orders placed before midday Monday to Thursday. Orders made after midday will be delivered on the next delivery day after that.
- If you order BEFORE midday Thursday delivery will be the next working day, Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- If you order AFTER midday Thursday or anytime on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, delivery will be the following Monday or Tuesday (excluding bank holidays).
- If you would like to order a plant but do not want it delivered on the next day please put a comment in the order gift message and nominate a day for delivery.
- If you are ordering in advance we suggest ordering as close to your chosen delivery day as possible. Please be aware our website will take payment on the date you order not the date you have chosen for delivery.
- Delivery cost is £5.99 for orders under £60 and free for orders over £60, this discount is auto applied at the checkout.
- We send our plants to you in specially made sustainably sourced cardboard boxes and every order is sent on a next day service, though we do not always dispatch the next day. We want our plants to be in transit for as little time as possible, so they stay fresh, healthy and live long lives.
- You will receive a fulfilment email between 3pm and 4pm the day before delivery, this is to let you know we have packed your order.
- Our courier partners will contact you shortly after to let you know they will be delivering tomorrow.
- Our courier partners will contact you on the day of delivery with a one hour delivery slot.
- We deliver to Mainland UK. Sadly our courier partners do not facilitate deliveries to English Islands, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Islands and Highlands*, orders to these places will be cancelled and refunded.
- Sorry for any inconvenience caused, we would love to be able to deliver everywhere.
- *These postcodes are considered the Scottish Highlands by our couriers; AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-40, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50
Scottish Islands - HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3